If there are any matters not included in this Policy that are stipulated in the privacy policies of individual Group companies that concern individual services, etc. provided by each Group company, such privacy policies shall take precedence over this Policy.
President of Meiji Shipping Co., Ltd.
Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information refers to personal information defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, the "Personal Information Protection Act"), and refers to information concerning a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc. contained in the information, or that contains an individual identification code.
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information)
The Group acquires and uses your personal information to the extent necessary for the following purposes. Acquisition beyond the purposes described below shall be in accordance with the provisions of the privacy policies of each Group company.
- To negotiate, execute and perform contracts, and manage other transactions with the Group
- To notify and exchange greetings in accordance with the Group's communications and social customs
- To provide information about the Group's businesses and services
- To undertake investigations, analysis and research related to the Group's businesses and services
- To manage security, including managing access to the Group's facilities
- To engage in the Group's IR activities and administrative work related to shares, etc.
- To otherwise appropriately and smoothly operate the Group's business
This feature can be turned off by disabling cookies. Please check your browser settings. Please see the Google Analytics Terms of Service and the Google Privacy & Terms for more information.
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
The Group strictly manages personal information and does not disclose or provide data to third parties without the consent of the individual concerned, except in the following cases.
In consideration of security, the Group takes measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
- When necessary to protect human life, health or property and when it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual concerned
- When particularly necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound development of children and when it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual concerned
- When we need to cooperate with the performance of affairs prescribed in laws and regulations by a government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by such parties, and when there is a possibility that obtaining consent from the individual concerned will hinder the performance of the affairs
- When we entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of the use in order to ensure the smoother performance of operations
- When personal information is provided in association with business succession caused by a merger or other reasons
- When otherwise required by laws and regulations
Article 4 (Shared Use)
Personal information may be shared with and used by the Group as follows:
- Items of personal information to be shared
- Name, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and other items necessary for the purpose of use by the following joint users
- Scope of shared users
- The Group
- Purpose of use by users
- To provide the Group's businesses appropriately and smoothly
Article 5 (Security Control Measures)
The Group appropriately implements security control measures for personal information as follows:
- Establishment of Basic Policy
- The Group has established a basic policy (this Policy) regarding compliance with related laws and regulations, and a hotline for inquiries, etc., to ensure the proper handling of personal data.
- Development of rules pertaining to the handling of personal data
- The Group has separately established detailed regulations regarding handling methods, employees responsible or in charge and their duties at each stage, such as the acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, and disposal of personal data.
- Organizational Security Control Measures
- The Group has appointed an employee responsible for the handling of personal data, and clarified the employees who handle personal data and the scope of personal data handled by such employees, and established a communications system for reporting to the employee responsible upon discovering a violation of laws or detailed regulations, or signs of such a violation.
The Group has established detailed regulations concerning security controls and ensures that employees comply with such regulations, and conducts regular self-inspections of the state of compliance, as well as appropriate audits.
- Personnel Security Control Measures
- The Group provides regular education and training sessions on personal information security controls to employees, and familiarizes officers and employees with matters concerning the maintaining the confidentiality of personal data.
- Physical Security Control Measures
- The Group limits the areas in which personal data is handled and take measures to prevent the storage, theft, and loss of personal data.
- Technical Security Control Measures
- The Group controls access to personal data and has installed mechanisms and equipment to protect against unauthorized access by external parties.
- Understanding the External Environment
- When handling personal information overseas, the Group takes safety measures based on our understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in each country.
Article 6 (Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information)
The Group may outsource the handling of personal information in whole or in part, to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, the Group undertakes thorough screening for eligibility as a contractor, stipulates confidentiality obligations in contracts, and provides necessary and appropriate supervision to contractors.
Article 8 (Inquiries)
Any feedback, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, such as disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of personal information, etc. should be addressed to the following Personal Information Inquiries Hotline.
Personal Information Inquiries Hotline
General Affairs Group, Meiji Shipping Co., Ltd.
Address : Shin-SURFEEL Nakameguro Bldg,. 1-18-11 Kamimeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
E-mail Address : email@example.com
Established: May 1, 2023